I’ve just had a thought. Does anyone fancy giving it a try? Let me explain…
I accepted the 3 Day, 3 Quote Challenge for two reasons:
- Like the adverts says “What’s the worst that can happen” and
- I never regretted saying YES to anything in my life (I’ve regretted saying NO to a lot of things, but anyway, I can’t change the past I can only live in this moment)
This challenge has made me focus on providing 3 meaningful and insightful chunks of wisdom that have helped me over the years. It’s a 3 Day, 3 Quote exercise for people to get a glimpse into my life. How cool is that!
In the process I am going back and reading other peoples 3 Day, 3 Quote challenges and I must say there are some truly lovely and wonderful people out there.
My thought is this:
I offer to be the life sponsor and the life buddy of up to 3 people who genuinely want to get… ‘better’.
Whatever it is you’re looking for, I know that together we can find it. I know this because I have found it, with the help of others. We all have a blind spot, which is why we sometimes need other people to help us discover and accept the things that we cannot see for ourselves.
A fresh pair of eyes always see’s the same thing, just from a different perspective.
Just like other 12 step fellowships, the only conditions are as follows:
- You must want to live your life.
- There does not have to be anything ‘wrong’ with you. You just have to want to be the best possible version of yourself.
- You do not have to disclose your name or any other personally identifiable information. One day you will realise that I already know who you are because you will know yourself.
- You must promise to keep an open mind at all times. There are no wrong answers, only misdirected questions. You will acknowledge that the only thing this program does not offer is any kind of therapy. If you need therapy or treatment then together we will find you the professional help that you require. Remember, anything is possible.
- You will acknowledge that we all love and accept you for who you are, no matter what you have done or who you think you are.
- You will accept honesty, even when it may seem to offend you. Sometime we have to do the wrong thing for the right reason. There is never any shame in honesty, only dishonesty.
- You will never be manipulated, coerced or controlled, either for personal gain or for the benefit of others. This is the only promise I will ever make you: “I will simply love and accept you, unconditionally.” You will come to realise that this is all the support you will ever need from yourself and from others.
- You will continue to accept support for as long as you need it. After which we will continue to support each other in a healthy and mutually beneficial adult friendship, if that is desirable to both of us. (We’re promoting recovery and self-sufficiency here people, not co-dependency.) We will both agree when you no longer need support. “When the student is ready, a master appears.” We will both know when the master has appeared. (I am not the master BTW). This process of self-awareness may take hours, days, weeks, months or even years.
- You will neither offer nor accept favours, money or gifts as part of the life sponsor support commitment. (If you’re looking for wealth, status or power go and work in a bank, that’s where they print all the money) You’re awakening and your recovery will be my gift to you and you to the world.
- You will not credit me nor will you take credit or give credit for the creation of this program to anyone else. The success of this program only requires our awareness and our consciousness. There is no room for the mind or for the ego. We are just here to become aware of the GAP (AKA the space between the mind and the conscious-self.)
- When you are no longer the student, you will find and support up to 3 unknown, anonymous people and help them in whatever way they need you to. You will help them by working these 12 steps as you understand them from your own awakening. You will accept that nothing is set in stone.
- You will continue to live your life with love, peace and awareness.
If you’re looking for answers, I don’t have any but now that I’ve found myself I don’t have any questions either. I have found peace and I’m willing to share it with anyone and everyone.
DISCLAIMER (big print, not small print. Get it? lol I’ve nothing to hide, honestly, you can ask me anything and I’ll give you an honest answer.)
I acknowledge that I can not fix the world and I wouldn’t want to, it’s a beautiful place. Nor can I ‘fix’ you, I can only make you aware that you don’t need ‘fixing’.
I am just 1 person, just like you and I can only do so much. I have no delusions of grandeur nor do I believe I am any kind of Higher Power (well not any more at least lol. You can read about My Mental Illness here)
To be honest, the universe has done a pretty good job at running the show so far and I haven’t been around for most of it, so I’m happy to let it keep doing its thing lol
I respectfully offer first refusal to the people that have nominated me or have accepted my nominations for the 3 Day, 3 Quote challenge. This offer in no way casts any aspersions or judgements over anyone.
As I one said to the barman of a pub I walked into when he asked me which beer I wanted:
Might as well start at that end and work my way down.
You gotta start somewhere, might as well be here.
This is just an open invitation to let complete strangers find peace and to become part of a shared consciousness. You are under no obligation to accept this offer and no judgement will be cast either way. Unconditional love does not require a label and cannot be given or taken, only shared.
I choose to share the focus of my love with the following three people:
- soulspeak2013 and
- Surviving the Specter
I love you all unconditionally. Peace be with you all.
Does this sound crazy?
I welcome all / any feedback, please 🙂 If you think you’re crazy, chances are you’re actually not!
Peace be with you.